hear our story
In the fall of 1995, a group of people began praying and seeking God’s leadership in the formation of a new church. Parkway Baptist Church was formed from this movement on February 4, 1996 when 201 people joined with the hope of bringing all people together through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Parkway originally met at the old Cox’s Creek Elementary school until its first corporate worship service was held at its current property on December 14, 1997.
Rev. Eddie Benton served as pastor at Parkway from 1996 to 2008. During his leadership, the church’s membership grew to over 1000 and dedicated a new sanctuary and children’s space in November 2005. In addition, the church continued to grow in children, student, music, discipleship, and fellowship ministries. The church has also sent out mission groups locally, nationally, and globally. In July 2010, Dr. James Carroll accepted the call to lead Parkway as her second pastor.